Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Little Rascal Is Sick Again....

Just came back from Gleneagles hospital A&E. Tired, tired, very tired. 

Little rascal is sleeping soundly in his room. I hope that he will remain like this through the night. So scared he will vomit again. 

I have no idea why is he so prone to gastric flu. Last 2 times he was hospitalised for a couple of days. So, when this evening at around 5pm, I found that he was having a fever, I was pretty worried, hoping it wouldn't get worst. Unfortunately, 30 mins later, he started to throw up. I was carrying him facing me so the moment he vomited, he threw up everything on me. I quickly brought him to toilet and he continued with the action. 

Poor boy. He looked so pathetic. I washed him up and changed to his night attire. But, deep inside me, I knew he would throw up again ( well, according to his past history). Due to past experience, I let him drank water every 15 mins, holding back his milk as it would make him vomit again. After monitoring for 1 hr and he showed signs of hunger, I decided to feed him milk.  

We were sitting on the couch but after 2oz of milk, he began to vomit again. Aiyo, a huge mess. He threw up milk on both of us and the couch. Hubby decided not to take any chance and so we rushed him to hospital. Actually, I was a bit hesitant to go as he was so much better than he had it previously. Last 2 times, he vomited continuously the whole evening. At least 7-9 times. He couldn't drink nor eat anything. Even water. See, how bad it was. 

Anyway, we went to see doctor. Luckily, after inserting the bullet (anti-vomit medicine) into his anus (of course, he cried like no tomorrow) and monitoring for 1 hr at A&E, little rascal did not throw up. We were glad things went well. Hopefully he is well when he wakes up tomorrow morning.

Keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment