Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hospitalised

Who?

Little Rascal.

Yup, he was finally hospitalised for 2 days to bring his fever down. We were told that his fever would come down after inserting the suppository (bullet-like medicine for fever) through anus. It was supposed to be a very strong medicine but it didn't work for little rascal. He was still having fever at 39.6 degrees celcius. 

Well, ok, the medicine did bring his fever down for a while but temperature shot up again to 39 degrees after that. And he remained high fever all day long. His body was so scorching hot and especially the head, I felt like it was on fire. So, hubby and I felt that we should bring him to see doctor again on Monday night (the day when I last did my update). 

Hubby and I felt that if we didn't get him admitted to hospital, we would be the one die of exhaustion. Ya, from taking care of sick rascal. Because he was so grouchy and cried all the time. I wonder where he got his energy from. He could cry and cry like no tomorrow.

Finally, little rascal was admitted. We felt a relief but it turned out to be a torture for both of us. We stayed overnight in the ward with rascal. Little rascal didn't sleep well in the night. He kept waking up and cry. I took very long to settle him down and just as he was falling asleep, the nurses would come in to take his temperature or checking his urine or putting up the drip for him. And, all these woke him up crying AGAIN. 

I had to do the whole routine again and again. And it left us, hubby, me and rascal son, sleep deprived.  I was so frustrated that I nearly shouted at them and asked them to leave us alone !!

No comments:

Post a Comment